hzDRL is a short name for Hobizone Drone Racing League which was started in early 2017 with aim to standardize a indoor racing scene. HzDRL official class requirements are:
- 150g AUW (incl. battery)
- max 3S battery
- max 3" props
This kit contains HzDRL frame and electronics only. To complete build please see related items below where we have provided few "power combos" for you to choose from:
Please note that not all combinations will give you sub 150g build. You can use hzDRL frame also for a little heavier and more powerful outdoor racer that due to small size will fit perfectly to any backyard or urban park.
What components needed?
Any 11XX, 13XX or 14XX motors are compatible. Keep the kv around 5000 or less if you intend to use 3S or 4S.
Choice of prop depends on your motor. Lower kv / bigger motors like heavier high-pitch prop like 3045. Smaller high-kv motors like better 2bladed props.
- DYS 3020 2blade - for high kv 11XX motors
- Gemfan 3025 2blade - for high kv 11XX motors
- FuriousFPV 2535 4blade
- DYS 3045 3blade - for low kv 11XX motors and most 13XX motors
- DYS 3030 3blade - for 13XX and 14xx motors
- HQ 3x3 3blade - for 13XX and 14xx motors
- HQ 3x3 4blade - for 13XX and 14xx motors
- Furious Silky 20A 2-4S 2-in-1 Blheli_S - for high power 4S build
- Sunrise 10A 2-3S 4-in-1 Blheli_S - for a 2-3S build
- Sunrise 6A 1-2S 4-in-1 Blheli_S - for a 1-2S build
- any other lightweight & fast...
- FuriousFPV VTX+OSD - technologically advanced VTX stacks on top of Piko flight controller
- Eachine VTX03 - the lightest standalone VTX on market now